No Es Cuernavaca (Day 10 of 27)

10 de septiembre - September 10

This picture is not of Cuernavaca, the home base for my trip. I believed it was when I did a Google search using the keywords "cuernavaca mexico" when planning for the trip.

Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico

Upon arriving in Cuernavaca, I aimed to  find the location from which the photo was taken. I wanted to take my own gorgeous picture from the same viewpoint. Well ... the photo is actually of the town and cathedral of Taxco, about a 90 minutes drive south from Cuernavaca.

The language school director helped me to identify the true location. I finally figured out that there are websites that describe day trips from Cuernavaca, and that is why Google search resulted in the association between the Taxco photo and the city of Cuernavaca.

This is Lisbon, Portugal. Colonial era cities in America copied the building styles from the colonizer country in Europe.

So, I learned a lesson about interpreting information found on the internet.
Talking to the school director, there are several picturesque colonial era cities to visit here in the central mountains of Mexico. These include Taxco, Guanajuato and San Miguel. And, Cuernavaca is the largest of them all.

MORE POSTS
Next Post (Day 11 of 27) FERIA DE TLALTENANGO
Previous Post (Day 9 of 27) MI FAMILIA ANFRITRIONA

Comments

Post a Comment