El Agua es la Vida (Day 8 of 27)

8 de septiembre - September 8


                             Water is Life                            

In the post BUEN PROVECHO, I say that I use a water bottle with integrated fine-grade filter. This was suggested to me by a friend who travels frequently to Laos. This recommendation worked so well for me in Mexico that I have to say 


"This is a must-have item on the list of things to pack." 


  • Hollow fiber Membrane: removes 99.999999% of bacteria (including E. Coli and salmonella) and 99.999% of parasites (including Giardia and Cryptosporidium) and Micro plastics
  • Activated carbon capsule: improves taste by reducing chlorine and Organic chemicals (pesticides, herbicides, voc)
  • Rigorous testing: 0.2 micron pore size removes turbidity and Micro plastics.

There are many brands to buy from. I bought LifeStraw, because that was the one available at the sporting goods store closest to me, and I didn't have time to shop and compare elsewhere. It costs $45, before tax. Expensive, so don't forget it or lose it!

Second recommendation - Take probiotics, including yoghurt if you are lactose tolerant. For me, taking probiotics had a noticeable effect in maintaining my gut health.


Liquid probiotic to help restore healthy stomach microbes.

I used probiotics because I developed an intestinal problems during my first week. It could have been the change in diet, brushing my teeth with tap water, letting the shower water get into my mouth, eating street food ... hard to identify the cause. So, I don't know - No sé. 


MORE POSTS
Next post (day 9 of 27) MI FAMILIA ANFITRIONA
Previous post (day 7 of 27) CASA DE LOS ANFITRIONES

Comments