Urban Map of Bay Area

Here is a comical take on [San Francisco] Bay Area mapping, lifted from a Feb 2016 edition of the Petaluma Argus-Courier. I stumbled on it while searching for cartographic images. The geography shown below is a satirical interpretation, and I live under the "E" in "SILICON VALLEY" in the southeast quadrant of the map, and I admit the weather is awesome here. 
Image from from Febuary 2016 Petaluma Argus-Courier
The above map was created by comic cartographer Sasha Trubetskoy who turned to crowd-sourced online slang repository UrbanDictionary.com when crafting his map of “The Bay Area According to Urban Dictionary.” (Click on this link for map in original resolution).

Challenge: Look for your city of interest. What's your initial reaction? Do you find a city's label to be funny, offensive, true? Please let me know. 

MORE POSTS
TEXAN'S MAP OF THE US

STANFORD UNIVERSITY

Comments

  1. I wish I knew more about the Bay Area to appreciate quite how clever and funny this is... although I love the bits I get. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment